On Thursday 30th August between 11am and 3pm, the BID Clean event took place in Barrow Town Centre. We asked volunteers to help us make the town centre clean by; litter picking, cleaning shop fronts, cleaning street furniture and weeding throughout the town centre.
The BID Clean event provided an opportunity for shop owners, staff and local residents to work together to make Barrow Town Centre cleaner and was a chance for us all to show we have pride in our own town.
The event was a huge success with over 40 individuals turning out to clean Barrow's Town Centre.
Most volunteers commented on how little litter was on the streets at the start and what a good job the Town Centre cleaning team do on a daily basis. Therefore, our volunteers looked at areas where we could add value to the town centre, these included:
- Cleaning the statue
- Cleaning street furniture & phone boxes
- Cleaning empty shop fronts
- Litter picking at The Mail car park and Jubilee Gardens
- Removing fly posters
Barrow BID would like to thank all the volunteers in particular:
- McDonalds who provided a team of 14 employees with their own litter picking equipment and supplied hot water
- Marks & Spencers who provided staff members, buckets and cleaning equipment
- The Well for providing an army of volunteers
- Barrow's Streetcare Team for helping out and supplying equipment
- JL Winder & Co for supplying staff who helped co-ordinate the event
Here are some of the photos from the event